St. Lorenz Ministry
As Christians, we are called to live our lives according to God’s Word. We are commanded to:
- love each other (John 13:34, John 15:12, Romans 13:8, 1 Thessalonians 4:9, 1 Peter 4:8…)
- pray for each other (James 5:16)
- encourage each other (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- admonish each other (Colossians 3:16)
- greet each other (Romans 16:16, 1 Corinthians 16:20, 2 Corinthians 13:12, 1 Peter 5:14)
- serve each other (Galatians 5:13)
- teach each other (Colossians 3:16)
- accept each other (Romans 15:7)
- honor each other (Romans 12:10)
- bear each other’s burdens (Galatians 6:2)
- forgive each other (Ephesians 4:32)
- submit to each other (Ephesians 5:21)
- be devoted to each other (Romans 12:10)
At St. Lorenz, there are numerous ministries that seek to accomplish these goals. Some, such as Stephen Ministry, provide help to those in need of comfort; some, such as MOPS, give encouragement to young mothers in the rearing of children; some, such as our bible classes, allow us to learn the Word of God in an informal setting; all of them are designed to foster Christian fellowship and ideals.
Listed below are the different categories of ministry at St. Lorenz. Scroll through each category and click on the various ministries to learn more about the work they do in the church and the community and to see how you can get involved.
Bible studies and activities to help you mature in your faith and help you to lead the life Christ would have for you.